Placeholder Image Generator
What is Placeholder Image Generator?
An image placeholder is a dummy image designed to draw attention to the need for an actual image. Wikipedia image
placeholders were meant to be used on articles, especially those of living people, for the purpose of trying to
obtain a freely-licensed image for them.
This placeholder generator is a free image service for all, you
can use the controls above to create an image of your liking then easiy copy it and use where ever you want. If
you are a designer or developer you can use this to generate images on the fly. You just specify image size &
format (.GIF, .JPG, .PNG, .WEBP),
background color & text color, as well as the text and an image will be generated automatically.
How do i use it?
width x height
background color / text color
- Colors are represented as hex codes (#ffffff is white)
- Colors always follow the dimensions, https://craftypixels.com/placeholder-image/250/ffffff/000000 not https://craftypixels.com/placeholder-image/ffffff/250/000000
- The first color is always the background color and the second color is the text color.
- The background color is optional and defaults to gray (#cccccc)
- The text color is optional and defaults to black (#000000)
- There are shortcuts for colors
- 3 digits will be expanded to 6, 09f becomes 0099ff
- 2 digits will be expanded to 6, ef becomes efefef
- 1 digit will be repeated 6 times, c becomes cccccc Note: a single 0 will not work, use 00 instead.
.gif, .jpg, .png
- Adding an image file extension will render the image in the proper format
- Image format is optional and the default is a gif
- jpg and jpeg are the same
- The image extension can go at the end of any option in the url
- Custom text can be entered using a query string at the very end of the url.
- This is optional, default is the image dimensions (300×250)
- a-z (upper and lowercase), numbers, and most symbols will work just fine.
- Spaces become +
- The font used is from the freely available M+
- This tool is a forked version of Dummyimage, created by Russell Heimlich